Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Digital Riot


As I was still waiting for all of my materials and equipment to be delivered to me here in the UK, I had very little to work with for this piece. I had, however, just bought myself a new Epson WF2530 printer with pigment ink so I thought this would be the perfect time to try printing on fabric, something I have wanted to do for sometime.

I manipulated a digital image of one of my oil paintings using Paint Shop Pro 7's various effects and filters to create a wild, colourful image. I then printed the image onto 6 x A4 pieces of fabric. Here is the original image:


I then joined the pieces together using fusible webbing and quilted the design around the shapes using blue, orange, hot pink and lime green cotton. I haven't attached the binding yet but will do once all of my equipment turns up and it will be a simple black binding (as pictured).



Materials used: Pigment printed cotton, polyester and rayon thread, fusible webbing


6 comments:

  1. Amanda, I love it! It really is a riot, and so different from the original. Great to see what you could achieve without most of your supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye-catching and wow! Do you paint as well, Amanda? I can see all sorts of interesting things happening with this new printer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the swirls of colour and the stitching, it's glorious. It reminds me of Alex Echo's work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful - I love the colours and the way you've manipulated the inspirational image. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, what on outburst of colour! Did you get all the colours from the printer? It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I do paint from time to time but enjoy quilting more. All the colours came from the printer which I was really pleased with.

    ReplyDelete