Saturday, March 30, 2013

Every Single Day



When I red the theme for this quilt I wondered how to interpret it. Thinking of reading the newspaper every day with all the catastrophes around the world, happening all the time, I thought of the four elements and what they causes such as  fires, earthquakes, tsunamis, storms, floods etc. Trying to dive a little bit deeper into this I started, as usual, to search for my glasses and there I had my idea for the quilt, not such a serious subject field though. I do not know how much time I spend every day searching for my glasses, but it is a lot. Reading glasses, sun glasses and progressive glasses!! I made a collage with letters as I at the beginning had thought of  newspaper. In my possession I also had an antique prosthetic eye (made 1890-1940), which fitted so well into the theme.

 



"Where are my Glasses?" by Ann-Mari Franzén

Materials: cotton fabrics and threads, Ink Jet Printing Fabric Cotton Sheets and a thin cotton/polyester wadding. 
Techniques: machine pieced and machine and hand quilted.
Date: March 31, 2013
  


11 comments:

  1. I love your humour in this piece. The text work is very interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ann-Mari, I can so relate to this! Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the humor of the piece and letters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice humour and I like your text work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also love the humor and have been in the glasses chase for years. Since cataract surgery I can see better what I am looking for. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful abstract collage and a fun message. The restricted colour palette also keeps the piece in tension.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this quilt really made me smile.
    Oh how I can relate:)
    The black and white is superb.
    The eyeballs are sublime :):)
    Ah, it makes me laugh.
    I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me too!! I am always looking for my glasses, so this is a great concept to showcase in your quilt. Very graphic too. Very lovely to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too! I love the different fonts you have used in the piece , they seem to capture a range of emotions. Also great use of hand stitching to define the different areas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this piece, Ann-Mari! The prosthetic eye is a great touch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete